Who doesn’t love a family get-together? It’s about the best time around your loved ones, where you meet your close relatives and share moments. However, cooking huge meals is hectic, and somewhere, we all admit it.
We’ve all wished to have a solution to the tiring task of cooking meals in such huge quantities. What if we told you that your solution has always been in front of you, locked in a tin can? Yes, we’re talking of the canned meat that comes ready to be cooked.
So, why not turn canned meat into a great appetizer and main course? Create a huge family feast in no time while enjoying it with your family.
Let’s get started!
Barbeque Beef Sandwich
There is nothing easier than this! Forget about spending long hours making your beef perfect. Just open a canned beef, and you are sorted.
How to make it?
- Heat the undrained canned beef in a pan for 20 minutes on medium flame. Mix barbeque sauce, shred and give a good mix. To reduce the remaining liquid, heat it on high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Chop round tomatoes, onions, and yellow bell peppers.
- Microwave hamburgers with butter, make them crisp.
This is one of the best dishes for small buffet dinners. Serve everything separately and let the guests do their magic. You can also try it with cheese. Or station with parting the Jan burgers, pour a generous amount of beef filling, top it up with cherry tomatoes, regular round tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, round red onions, and sauce if required, and your hamburger is ready to serve.
There is no get-together without a fair share of wine. Chicken nachos are pure protein! And we love it because it enhances the flavors and clears the taste palette to give a savory feeling. And not to forget, easy to make!
Here is the healthiest recipe
- Start with drained canned chicken and keep it aside for an hour at least. Shred the drained chicken, tossed it in a pan, poured readymade salsa mix, and stir fry for 10 minutes in medium-low heat.
- Drain and mix beans and black olive. Grate cheddar cheese for the topping; the more, the better!
- Chop scallions, jalapenos, and tomatoes. Separate it into two bowls.
- Take a baking pan, spray non-stick, place a baking sheet and fill it with as many nachos as you want.
- Layer the first one with shredded chicken, beans, olive, and other chopped items,. and keep the cheese on the top.
- Again add the rest of the nacho chips followed by toppings and end with cheese.
- Bake the nachos until the cheese is golden brown and the nacho edges are brown. Keep it at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve it with the rest chopped jalapenos, and scallions and also add heaps of sour cream.
Chicken Avocado Pinwheels
Sometimes keeping it simple is the key. This might be the simplest one but is full-filling and yum at the same time. Chicken rules our taste palette and is a versatile option to jazz up appetizers. There are many ways to make pinwheels, but this is the simplest way to put together a great meal.
Here is how to make it!
- Take a large mixing bowl, add canned chicken, mashed avocado(1 full ripe), 4 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 teaspoon lime juice, finely chopped red and green onions.
- Add salt and black pepper, and garlic powder as required. Give it a nice mix with tortillas.
- Take 5-6 tortillas, place the mix in between and roll it up.
- Freeze it for 30 minutes before serving.
- Slice it up evenly like a pinwheel.
For an authentic and unique Cuban sandwich, the key remains tender pork. Canned pork is pre-cooked, so you don’t have to worry about cooking it, plus the salsa sauce is enough to make your taste buds kick.
Here is how to make it.
- Start with making the sauce, combine cayenne, mustard, and mayonnaise,
- For the pork, drain it thoroughly and mix the salsa sauce.
- Take bread, evenly spread the sauce on one side, add swiss cheese, pork, sliced pickles, more cheese, top it up with another bread slice.
- Melt butter in giant skillets, and fry it by applying heavyweight. This will make the cheese melt and the bread crispier.
Turkey Garden Tart
This dish will want you to crave more; turkey tarts are delicious and healthy too. You can also show some exquisite culinary skills to your guests and make their weekend a memorable one.
Let’s start with the recipe.
- Start with preheating the oven and par-bake the ready-made pie crust until it’s light brown.
- Add mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the crust, one part of the canned turkey, basil, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and oregano, top it up with parmesan and goat cheese.
- Arrange zucchini to cover the top area
- Whisk two eggs with salt and pepper, add them to the crust with the remaining canned turkey. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella.
- Bake it until the crust is golden brown and the inside’s are nicely cooked. At least keep it for 35 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve it when it’s warm.
All these recipes are pretty versatile and are easy to make too. Besides giving you the chef of some of the most lip-smacking dishes, it also gives you the time you need with your family. For now, try these recipes with your family, and post-covid host a big feast including these meals. Buon Appetito!