It is quite a fact that the way you treat your child passes on to the upcoming generations too. The character and behavior of your child get decided by the way you treat them. If you want your children to be a perfectionist and brave to face any challenges in life then you should treat them in the perfect way with discipline and motivate them to be the person you want them to be. Enforcing your intentions or opinions on them is futile as they feel uncomfortable to walk in the way that they don’t like. Moreover, decision-making skills and self-esteem decreases for such children and these remains throughout their life. Therefore there are a few ways to treat your child to be the person you want him/her to be.
Itinerary Parenting Tips to treat your child as a friend
- Be a good companion to your child: – Treating your child as a friend when he/she is in school is the best way to understand their feelings and experiences. If you want to resolve their problems in a better and efficient way without letting them in trouble, then it is very important to know everything that your child is experiencing. Make them feel free to share everything that may be either right or wrong. This way of parenting tips helps your child to take your support to pass every obstacle or move on from any mistake instead of getting suffocated with the guilt inside them.
- Show trust to your child: – Every kid fears of the consequences of the mistake that is done by them unknowingly and thus fears to say that to their parents. Make them trust you for the help they need to correct their mistake instead of punishing or spanking them. Things become easy for them if they share everything from their life with you. This will also reduce the fear inside them ensuring that their parents are there any time for help and support.
- Make them understand the difference between good and bad: – The best way to nurture a positive attitude in your child’s mind is to make them decide what is good and bad. This will help your kid in decision making and also lead the chosen way with confidence. Mostly teenagers and adolescents get misled or diverted by bad things or bad companions, thus motivation and realization for choosing between good and bad are necessary for this age.
- Show them the consequences: – If you want your child to be perfect in decision making then the easiest way to make them understand the difference between good and bad is to show the consequences. Just flash the results or consequences of their chosen way and they will surely realize what is good for them. This is a permanent way to manipulate the mindset of your child from taking bad decisions under observation unlike making them feel realize for their mistakes. Most parents never realize that this is the easiest way to divert the thoughts of their children than enforcing or being a dictator leaving no options for their kids.
- Support and help them for finding a solution: – If kids make a mistake and can’t find a way to get out from that mistake then they feel left out and abandoned with the whole world at one side and them on another side. In this situation, you should never leave your child’s hand unless they find a way to get over the mistake with a perfect solution. Try your best for providing them the best solution. You can be an inspiration for your child if you solve their problems with your own efforts.
- Be observant: – Being in a closer relationship with your child doesn’t mean that you should support everything he/she asks for. You can’t even expect that your child is fully open-minded with you and will share anything that you asks him/her for. Thus being observant towards your child is the better way to get closer to the experiences as well as problems that are faced by your child. Never give up on monitoring your child’s deeds to nurture them into a better person in the future.
How to treat your child so that they become responsible?
Most of the parents bother about their children because they are careless and unaware of the real-life situations and struggles. However, these tips can help you in making your child feel responsible towards family as well as in every work they do.
- Share your struggles and efforts: – The best way to insert responsibility in the mindset of your child is to make them realize the number of struggles that you are going through for the sake of him/her. Sharing those things will trigger a thought in their mind to do something for parents by working, studying or anything that requires efforts. A kid with responsibilities shines as the happiest person in the future with good decision-making skills and self-esteem to handle any struggle or obstacles in their life.
- Make them realize the consequences of their way of behaving or working: – If your child is irresponsible and reckless with bad habits then the best way to change his/her behavior is to make them understand the consequences that their chosen will finally lead to. Apart from that motivational speakers and spiritual practice such as meditation can also be helpful to provide peace of mind in any problems of their life.
- Show them examples: – Kids understands the things in a better way if they are shown practically and thus to make them responsible with positivity show them real-life examples. Show them the life of the persons who were once in the lane of your child and now suffering for their deeds in the past. This will leave a great impact on their minds ensuring the permanent realization of the responsibility. You may have neighbors or friends who can share their life experience with you and explain the consequences with you.