TIPS TO HELP KIDS OVERCOME FEAR OF EXAM
Exams are a really important part of not only student life but human beings altogether. The one who sails through them are achievers and others who couldn’t should strive for better results next time. Stress and anxiety can also make easy questions difficult. Often students fight with this anxiety before the exams and fall into a self-made trap. Parents play a very important role in dealing with exam pressure and these tips to overcome exam fear can help both of them.
Some of these simple Tips to Help Kids Overcome Fear of Exams and guidelines how Parents deal exam pressure are as follows.
- Keep reminding yourself that I have been given this precious human life and I have a much greater purpose in life than just an exam. Keep that purpose to yourself and work on it. The exam is just a phase and will pass.
- Whatever has been done is now done. Don’t stress yourself about the things you couldn’t complete, maintain a revision time table and start following.
- Don’t shut yourself from the outside world for the sake of exams. Keep talking to your loved ones, friends, and family. A heart to heart conversation is all we need at the end of the day to feel better about ourselves and helping kids cope with exam stress.
- Keep a healthy daily routine, do the same things at the same time each and every day. This automatically functions your brain to work efficiently at a certain time of the day and sleep at the fixed timings only.
- To keep exam pressure at a minimum, a healthy food, for the healthy mind is equally important. Keep yourself away from the food that makes you feel full and intake something light. Eat frequently and light meals.
- To maintain concentration always follow the 25 minutes cycle. Study for short periods. Fix a slot for every 2-hour sessions. Study for continuously 25 minutes undisturbed and then take a break for 5 minutes. The brain is efficient to concentrate on not more than 25 minutes. This exercise is also very useful during exam time.
- Whenever you complete a study portion, give yourself rewards, like a walk in the park or watch your favourite series for an hour. This helps in building a positive attitude and increases competitiveness. These tips to reduce exam anxiety is really helpful.
- Exam anxiety tips for children is to make sure you are able to shell out some time for exercise, aerobics, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing – anything to get rid of the stress in your body. You can only concentrate properly when you are physically and mentally fine and relaxed.
- There is no fixed rule that early morning studies are more fruitful and night time is not. Find out what you are comfortable with and stick to that.
- Try and relax your mind. Life always gives opportunities, it is up to us to grab them. Nobody is perfect, love yourself and give a pat that you have come so far.
All these tips and tricks help kids overcome test anxiety and help them to maintain or regain their confidence level. Parents play a crucial role in their child’s life as kids consider parents as their role models.