Ways You Could Detoxify and Burn Calories with an Infrared Sauna

People use the sauna when they want to feel more relaxed and rested since the heat in the sauna would help relieve your sore muscles and improve your health and well-being overall. An 

infrared sauna treatment in San Antonio may offer you the benefits of a sauna without the extreme heat because sometimes the high temperatures of a traditional sauna could just be too much to handle. Here is how you could detoxify and burn calories with an infrared sauna.

What is an infrared sauna?

To warm your body directly, they actually use infrared lamps instead that use electromagnetic radiation. It can operate at a lower temperature than a traditional sauna, and only about 20 percent of the heat goes to heat the air, and the other 80 percent heats your body directly. You could stay longer in the sauna because the environment isn’t as hot and it is far more tolerable compared to a traditional sauna.

Infrared Sauna Vs. Traditional Sauna

Key Differences:

  • Infrared uses less heat
  • The air is heated first when it comes to traditional saunas
  • In order to penetrate and heat the body directly without it having to scatter like a traditional sauna, infrared saunas use infrared light

Benefits of Using an Infrared Sauna

  1. Weight loss
  2. Relief from sore muscles
  3. Detoxification
  4. It could bring you relief from joint pain like arthritis
  5. It could relax you
  6. Makes your skin tighter and clearer
  7. Give you better sleep
  8. Helps people with chronic fatigue syndrome
  9. Improved circulation

Steps on how to use an infrared sauna

  • Choose the temperature

With beginners who are starting out at the lower end and more experienced users at the higher end, the average temperature for an infrared sauna ranges from 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. 

  • Choosing the clothes you wear

Choose something that you know you are going to feel comfortable in because there are people who enter the sauna in their bathing suits, others go naked, but there are also some who go fully-clothed.

  • Drink water

Before you go into the infrared sauna, you have to make sure that you are hydrated. You should drink a glass of water before the sessions and you could also bring water to the sauna, especially if you are sensitive to higher heat.

  • The length of time you have to use the infrared sauna

If you are just starting with an infrared sauna, then it is best that you start off with 10 minutes to 15 minutes to get used to the feeling before you decide to keep adding each session.  The suggested time that you have to do it when you are already used to it would have to be around 20 to 30 minutes. You could get dehydrated if you stay there longer than intended, so you should put a timer up to make sure you do not overstay.

  • What you can do while in the sauna

    • Read
    • Meditate
    • Relax
    • Listen to music
    • Visit with friends

You could do anything inside, except fall asleep.

  • What can you expect after the session is over

Take your time and feel free to take a shower or a bath once you are all cooled down and drink plenty of water.

  • The Recommended Number of Infrared Sauna Sessions per Week

You can use the sauna daily if you are healthy and if you can tolerate the four days of sessions. The suggested number of sessions per week are 4 to 5, but you have to start off slow first and see if your body could take it before doing it daily.

3 things to know before trying an infrared sauna

  • You may feel light-headed when you stand up since using an infrared sauna will cause you to sweat a lot. Get up slowly and sit down once you leave the sauna, drink plenty of water immediately and wait for your body to cool down before you go and do anything else.
  • If you are drinking alcohol, avoid using an infrared sauna.
  • If you start feeling dizzy or notice you have a fever, you have to wait a while before you could come back and use the sauna again, just to be safe.

You do not want to take any chances when it comes to your health and safety, so even if infrared saunas have been found to be fairly safe, get cleared by your doctor before your first session if you have any health conditions like blood pressure, heart problems, or under medical care.


Hi! I, Sakshi Gupta, is an enthusiast Blogger who loves to write informational piece of contents based on extensive research. Also, I focus on providing valuable information to my readers through my blog To connect with me Mail us at OR Whatsapp at +919717462927.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
buy kamagra buy kamagra online