What Is the Job Profile of SSC CPO?
An extremely competitive and demanding examination, the SSC CPO is reputed for its roles and responsibilities and other benefits that come with the job. It is essential for every candidate willing to take up the exam for the profile of SSC CPO to be aware of the intricacies of the exam and the job profile.
Are you wondering what a day in the life of an SSC CPO looks like? In this article, we have given a comprehensive view of the job profile, allowances, perks, and other job details. If you’re looking to crack the SSC CPO 2022, here are the details you shouldn’t miss out on.
SSC CPO: Job Profile 2022
Applicants applying for SSC CPO must have a good understanding of the SSC CPO salary and job profile.
- Applicants for the Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization should be physically and spiritually strong to carry out the essential obligations.
- This year, the SSC CPO Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) vacancies were issued, and thousands of people applied to join this famous institution.
- Its strong salary structure, generous bonuses, excellent socioeconomic class, and other factors make it an appealing job.
You can visit the BYJU’S Exam Prep for preparation materials for the exam. Visit website to attempt test series, mock tests, and more.
Role and Responsibilities of an SSC CPO
The roles and responsibilities of an SSC CPO are as follows:
- BSF: An SSC CPO is entrusted with promoting a sense of security among citizens and preventing trans-border discrepancies among civilians.
- CRPF: An SSC CPO is also responsible for controlling riots and disputes during public events and peaceful demonstrations. M
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police: Protecting the border from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh and promoting a sense of security among the citizens of the northern region is also entrusted with the SSC CPO. An SSC CPO also has to prevent any violating act of any citizen. Moreover, an SSC CPO has to prevent trans-border smuggling, violative activities against the state and illegal immigration of people.
- CISF: An SSC CPO also has to provide security to various public and private sector undertakings and other significant institutions. They are also entrusted with civil projects and other infrastructure units.
SSC CPO Perks & Benefits
An SSC CPO is entitled to several attractive perks and benefits with an attractive salary structure. The Staff Selection Commission offers a salary structure to their candidates, which is as follows:
House Rent Allowance(HRA)
The House Rent Allowance is determined by the city by the city you are posted. The highest HRA in class X cities is Rs. 5400 per month, and the lowest in Z cities is INR 1800 per month.
Dearness Allowance (DA)
An SSC CPO is entitled to a DRA which is 12% of the basic salary under the 7th Pay Commission by the government.
Transport Allowance (TA)
The transport allowance also depends on the city where you are posted. The highest TA is INR 3600+ DA, and the lowest the TA can go is 1800+DA.
Diet Allowance/Ration Money
The diet allowance an SSC CPO is entitled to is around INR 101.5, and the ration money to SI in CISF is INR 97.85 per day.
Children Education Allowance/Hostel subsidy
The Children Education Allowance of INR 2250 per month is allotted to an SSC CPO for their children studying between Nursery and XII. Moreover, the hostel subsidy is INR 6750 per month for employees whose children are in the hostel.
To get a stable job as the SSC CPO is not easy, and it requires one to go through an intensive competitive examination. For high-quality study material, mock tests and live classes, check out BYJU’S Exam Prep.