People go to hotels for various reasons, but none of these reasons involve an accident. However, accidents are still bound to occur. In most hotels, the safety measures are below the standard; hence such accidents are inevitable. According to Louis Law Group, a Fort Lauderdale-based Hotel Accident Injuries Insurance Claim Firm, many Florida hotel owners refuse to uphold the necessary safety standards required in their buildings. So, people could easily get involved in accidents caused as a result of this negligence.
If you ever find yourself involved in a hotel accident, one of the first things you would want to do is hire a good lawyer. Well, this is if you want a settlement that is worth the injuries sustained. What a lawyer would do for you in such a situation is enormous. A few of these things are:
- Your lawyer would let you know what you’re up against: After an accident in a hotel, the staff and owner of that hotel would try to find ways to deny being the cause of the accident. The insurance company would also do the same. With an experienced lawyer by your side, you can be well informed of these tactics and know what you are up against. This way, you would be prepared to do whatever it takes, with the guidance of your lawyer, in getting yourself a fair settlement.
- Gathering of Evidence: Without concrete evidence, proving that you are deserving of a claim would be quite difficult. Your lawyer knows this, and that is why they would go to any lengths to gather evidence. These evidence would include medical reports showing that your injuries resulted from the accident and the effects of such injuries on your overall performance, police reports, eye witnesses’ statements, and any other evidence that could be helpful in your claim.
- Negotiations: Your lawyer would be ready to negotiate terms with the other party on your behalf. This does not mean that they would settle for anything. Negotiations aim to reach an agreement that is favorable to you without having to go to court. Once your lawyer demands a sum after considering your damages and how suitable that compensation would be, they expect the party at fault and the insurance company to accept and pay. If they do not, then there would be no hesitation in going to court.
- Lawsuit if necessary: If the insurance company is proving difficult and trying to avoid your settlement, your lawyer would not hesitate to take the case to court if that will get your compensation. It is even possible that the thought of a lawsuit scares the insurance company and makes them settle without actually having to go to court.
- Your lawyer would ensure your compensation accurately represents your injuries: One primary insurance company strategy is to reduce or evade payment. So, they could try to blame you for an accident that was not in any way your fault. They could also try to underplay the extent of the injuries. This is why you need a lawyer that would present your injuries just as they are and get you the compensation that is fit for such damages. Your lawyer would consider the effect of the injuries in the present and look at their long-term impact when deciding on the settlement.
- Your lawyer would prove the fault of the other party: One of the tactics of insurance companies is making it look like you are at fault when you are not. Your lawyer would not have any of this. They would use their expertise to sift through the evidence presented to determine the exact cause of your injuries and then build a strong argument in your defense. Some of the ways they could do this are:
- Confirming the extent of your injuries through medical reports.
- Examining the accident scene and obtaining the information on the accident.
- Obtaining witnesses’ statements.
When an accident occurs in a hotel, getting a lawyer that would help facilitate the process of your settlement and ensure you are paid fair compensation is one of the best things you could do for yourself at that period. The insurance companies look for ways to make your injuries appear less severe than they are. There is also the hotel that would try to avoid any blame related to your accident. So, you would only be doing yourself a disfavor if you refuse to get yourself a lawyer. As reported by this Lawyer Roll article, https://www.lawyerroll.com/are-you-always-to-blame-for-slip-and-fall-accidents, it is wise to get yourself a lawyer after a hotel accident as they would help prove the fault of the other party and make it easy to file the declare in opposition to the establishment in query.